Studio 5000 V24 compatibility with 1769-L35E

jdbjdb

Hi everyone.

I am using a CompactLogix 1769-L24ER with Studio 5000 V24 to control a small machine. Part of the project requires me to communicate with a another machines PLC. This communication will take the form of produced and consumed tags and will be over Ethernet.

My problem is that I have just found out that the other machines PLC is a 1769-35E and this type of controller is not compatible with Studio 5000 V24. Therefore I cannot select this controller in my I/O Configuration.

My question is - What alternatives do I have? Is it possible to use the 2 PLCs mentioned above together? Will one of the application programs have to be re-written (my program is written in Studio 5000 and (I assume) the other PLC will be written in RSLogix 5000)? Is there a comms card that can be added into the network that will allow the L35E to be configured using Studio 5000?

I will be grateful for any input.

I don't think the versions have to match when doing P/C tags. I have a L33 v21 taking to L35 That is at v20 and it works fine.

The Producer/Consumer data exchange functionality, which has been around for many years, is not version dependent.

My training rig has a 1756_L61, and an older 1756_L55. I regularly produce/consume tags between them, even when the L61 is at firmware revision 24 and the L55 is at firmware revision 12.