rslogix setting up a PID logic block

Jrivers010

spefically, its the allen bradley free version and/or the 500 version.

for the PV on PID, does the input go there or the scaled value? I cant find any exact simple explanation.

I have the Udemy courses example that the instructor wrote, but i am not sure if i am allowed to post that up, as it might be copyright infringement?

Last edited:
using the emulate software for the testings.

unless they've changed it, I'm pretty sure that the emulator won't actually "run" the PID instruction ...

for the PV on PID, does the input go there or the scaled value? I cant find any exact simple explanation.

the "input" (the analog signal from your input module) should be entered for the PV ... and that signal SHOULD be scaled to a range of 0 to 16383 ... specifically, the PID for your type of system (RSLogix 500) expects its input (PV) signal to ALWAYS have a range between those values ... anything other than that MIGHT work - but will give less-than-optimum operation ...

so ...

if the input module is not capable of automatically producing a signal within the range of 0 to 16383 then you SHOULD provide the necessary math to convert the module's data signal into that range before presenting it to the PID's Process Variable entry ...

Last edited: