RSView 32 making wrong entries in .DBF file

robbo

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey fella's,

Searched thru the forum and couldnt find help for this particular problem.

This RSView system is making some duplications in the .dbf file, and I would like to know if there is a fix for it?

Using version 7.50 of works on a XP machine.

On the date of the 4th of the 10th, thats probably where the program has been edited, or stopped and started in the morning.

The main problem is the duplicated data like on 3rd and 4th, the 7th and 8th, and the 10th and 11th.

I started trending this data on Citect a few months ago so I could always have the correct trend data, but some of the RSview data is showing up in the wrong day compared to citect (citect info is correct - the 2nd pic attachment)

ANy ideas anyone??

attachment.php
attachment.php

problem1.JPG problem2.JPG

Last edited:
It appears to me that the data that appears in your DBF file is not updating from the field first or that your readings are coming from an old cache file.

Give the info below a try just in case cache files are in conflict with your project.

A repair I do if any issue crops up, is to shut down the project, then in Windows Explorer, go into the project folder, open the cache folder, and blow away all files in that cache folder, they will be rebuilt on the next start up.

The next thing I do is go to the projects Tag folder, and look for one file with "the project name".cac
I THEN BLOW THAT ONE ONLY AWAY, leaving all the other files in that folder, this .cac file also will be rebuilt on project start up.

Then shut down computer and reboot and run your project.

I cant promise this will fix your problem, but it wont harm it either.

ok, cool - will give that a try today and see how it turned out Monday.

Have done the .cac removal before with ME problems I have had in the past,

Cheers :)

ANy ideas anyone??
Yes, as Gil said it appears you are looking at apples and oranges. Your Citect data is apparently a days summary (based on a time period), where some of your RSView data trend appears to be collected based on the value of some tag or tags - the "B" and E events - maybe Begin and End? (then a periodic task at the end of the day at 23:53 - the "S" events).

Good catch Lancie

Robbo
Go to the Help - On line books - User Guide , chapter 16 , Sharing data with
other windows applications , that's on pages 581 to 584 in my book

Give descriptions for , B , E , S , U , E .

B began logging
E end logging
S snapshot

U uninitialised
S stale data

Yea looks like the log triggers are radio buttoned for 'on demand'

On saturday, I might make a seperate one set to 'periodic' and see how that goes.

Thanks for the help!!

Last edited: