AdvancedHMI - Siemens PLCs S7-200/1200/300/400 Beta drivers

Hello,

I downloaded the Siemens version, but I have problems, I set up the PLC settings correctly and try the sample design. such as start - stop. I pressed F5 and a dialog box appear says "Couldn't open Serial Port COM2 , Check COM Port and Baud Rate "
I already turn my s7-200 PLC into RUN mode. error still occur.
any ideas or solutions? :)
Thanks for the quick response.

The bit you need to be looking at is "Couldn't open Serial Port COM2 , Check COM Port and Baud Rate ". Which COM Port is the PC/PLC interface connected to? If you are not sure then somehow you need to get to the Device Manager on your computer. I can say exactly how because it depends on your version of Windows. One way is to open a Command Prompt (Start/All Programs/Accessories/Command Prompt) and type (or copy and paste) C:\Windows\System32\devmgmt.msc Once there go to Ports and see which communication ports you have available. Make sure that it matches the Port set in the project. Then have a look at the Baud rate set in the project and make sure it matches what is set on the PC/PLC cable.

Hello,

The COM port and the Baud Rate matches the PLC settings.
I am wondering if there might be a problem in my PC i use.

The COM port is not to do with the PLC it is to do with the PC that you are using. Please go to the Device Manager as described above and then tell us which COM port you are using on the PC.

Hello Bryan,

at my Ports (COM & LPT)
-Huge Pine USB to Serial Ports (COM1).

only 1 port connected at my PC

Thanks for the quick response....

So straight away you can see that you have Advanced HMI set to use COM2 but your computer only has COM1. So set Advanced HMI to use COM1 and things might start working.

As it is an S7-200 I would expect you would be connecting to Port 0 on the PLC.

Hi All

I know this is an old post, but wanted to ask :)

If anyone had any luck connecting a Siemens PLC to AdvancedHMI via profinet ?

I have a small project where it would work great, well probably be course I like working with the AdvancedHMI.

Thanks
Holmux