Change DB type...

Jirrr

Hello,
It is possible to change DB type in old Step7 or Tia Portal?
In Step7 I was advised to change type in Symbol table but it is not working...thanks a lot

I found this advise on SPS forum....the problem was that if there is a DB generated by CPU and I download it offline I can easily create UDT structure/if one knows How it should look/with symbols and right types and change simply type of this CPU DB in Symbol table....

but I presume that was not right?

Yes You are right....but to be precise it is generated by S7-317 in sinumerik,
and we need to detect error messages and NC states which are provided by this DBs,and it is a little difficult/CPU generated long Array of Bytes in DBs/...

but siemens provides UDT with right structures and symbols for this DBs,so my problem is how to connect this UDT with CPU-DBs??

Create your own offline DB using the UDT and then copy the contents of the CPU generated DB to your DB for error message and state reporting.