Cheap solution to read temp. on analog in?

Icefire

Any way to read a thermistor/thermocouple on a GE 90 Micro Analog Input?
0-10V, 0-20mA or 4-20mA?

I tryed with a LM35DZ chip which give 10mV/*C, too sensible/not enought resolution.. since the PLC resolution is 10mV.

I want to read around 60-90F

Icefire said:
Any way to read a thermistor/thermocouple on a GE 90 Micro Analog Input?
0-10V, 0-20mA or 4-20mA?

I tryed with a LM35DZ chip which give 10mV/*C, too sensible/not enought resolution.. since the PLC resolution is 10mV.

I want to read around 60-90F

How much more resolution do you need? If you use an LM34 in place of the LM35 you will get 1.8 times better resolution. An LM34 will give you 10mV per degree Farenheit instead of the 10mV per degree Celsius that you get with the LM35. So 60-90F gives you 600-900mV instead of 150-320mV.

I was using a LM324 With a non-inverting gain of 10, I got 2.546 volts but the PLC's value fluctuate +-0.2V.

Maybe something with the analog input..

It's a GE 90 Micro

Icefire said:
I was using a LM324 With a non-inverting gain of 10, I got 2.546 volts but the PLC's value fluctuate +-0.2V.

It's a GE 90 Micro

Add a low pass filter; either RC or use a spare op-amp in the LM324?

Or even filter it in in the PLC?

Icefire said:

It's a GE 90 Micro
What's the distance from sensor to PLC? And were did you place the LM324?

Kind regards,

the circuit was on 2 feet from the plc on a pratice breadboard.

I think it has something to do with the inner values of the PLC.

The A/D can be calibrated.