Logicmaster 90 to XP

akdeepwater

A
I'm currently using LOGICMASTER 90 on a Windows 95 machine. I want to migrate to an existing NT, soon to be XP machine.

I was given a part number of IC646MPPU01 by the local rep but not much else. Apparently this is the "Cimplicity Machine Edition".

I can't find this part number when searching the GEFanuc site.

What do you folks know about migrating LM90 to NT or XP?
Thanks for you help,

I've been running LM90 under NT4.0 SP6 for several years. I know of people who have successfully run LM90 under XP. As with any other DOS application running under newer Windows evolutions, your results may vary. Make sure you have the latest LM90 version and service packs. The VersaPro CD also has Logicmaster on it.

Having said all that, you're fighting a rearguard action in trying to stay with Logicmaster. Cimplicity Machine Edition is the horse that GE Fanuc is going to ride into the future. The only downside to it is that it's a memory hog. The official minimum is 128 Meg of RAM, with 256 Meg recommended. If you're going to do anything with the next generation controllers (Rx7i or Rx3i), you're going to have to move to CME.

IC646MPPU01 is an upgrade to Machine Edition Professional from an earlier package (LM90, VersaPro, or CC90). Machine Edition Professional covers the 90-30 and the 90-70.

From my experience 128MB of Ram won't cut it. Crashes, freeze ups and massive frustration will follow. Get a good(read new) computer if your going to run CME. It's not worth the headache to mess around with it.

I use as well LM90 under XP and it is working. However I had to enable to use win 95 compatibility mode. Click the menu90.exe by the right mouse button, chose the properties and there you can enable it.
bye