Panelview screen export help

James Mcquade

Hi all,
we have several identical machines running allen bradley plc's.
they are all the same, same bit addresses, timers, counters.
same panelview terminals, only minor differences in the panelview application.

we added some additional monitoring equipment to one machine and it works great. we now want to copy the added screens from this modification to another machine we are upgrading. when we do the import routine, we loose all the defined text fields. that would involve several hors of retyping for each screen, approx 15 screens.

does anyone know of a way to copy a screen from the current application to the new application and keep the defined texts and tag information?

thanks in advance,
james

Right click on Displays in the project tree and select Add Component and then point it to your other app with screens in the GFX folder. Select the screens you want while holding Control down, then Ok when selected. Zim bam boom your screens will now be in the app.

You can actually drag/drop screens between applications. Some versions have a bug though that make it seem like you cannot drag drop them. When the cursor switches to the "denied" symbol, it is just messing with you.

Open the 2 applications, place them side by side. Drag a screen and drop it onto "Displays" of the other app. The trick is, after you drop it (again, don't pay attention to what the cursor is telling you), left click "Displays" after dropping it, it will bring the display over to the new application, with everything on it.