Studio5000: Use tag descriptions for HMI button titles

Pyroelk

Looking for a way to use tag descriptions to populate button titles on my HMI. I can handle the HMI side, just need to know if Studio5000 has a way to access the tag descriptions from outside the Studio environment.

I know tagname.@Description works but it has to be a certain revision or higher. I think Logix rev 21 and FTView rev 12

Logix version 21 (minimum)
FT Studio version 9 (minimum)

In your button States tab for the Caption field, click to insert a variable and select "String". For the tag, browse to the tag containing the description and select it. Then you must manually enter .@Description after the tag name. Here is an example of what my caption field looks like after doing this.

/*S:0 {[My_PLC]MyStartButton.@Description}*/

OG

EDIT: If you have a Rockwell TechConnect contract then they have a Tech Note that walks through this pretty well. Here is the link:

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/531030/loc/en_US#__highlight

Last edited: