Transition from S7 200 to 1500

shashi616

Hey All,

Presently I am looking for transistion of S7 200 to 1500, I found out some transition manuals from 200 to 1200 which offers to use a converter in Tia v11 Sp1.
I do have Tia 15 installed & I am looking for detailed ways by which I can easily do that.
I had copied my 200 project program in STL & pasted that in Tia but I am worried about addressing & instruction set.
If anyone of you did the same please share your experience or is there any simpler way to that.

Thanks in advance.

Shashi Bhushan

The 200 -> 1200 converter isn't great, because there are some concepts in the 200 that don't map over exactly, but it's better than nothing. 1200s convert to 1500s almost 100% with minimal effort.

The 200 had a lot of wizards and special memory areas that don't translate to the other S7 systems. The 200 wasn't really based on the S7 family PLCs, so there are a lot of differences.

Another potential roadblock could be the STL. The 1200 doesn't support it, and I don't know if that's convertible to LAD on the 200 side or not. You don't want to be using STL in the 1500, if you can help it. It DOES work, but using it bypasses most of the convenience of the new system.

If you're not planning to ever touch the PLC again once it's converted, STL in a 1500 is fine. If you're looking to use the PLC often, troubleshoot it yourself, etc, you really want to try to migrate the code away from it.