Exporting tags from RS 500 for use in Wonderware

rfxcasey

I need to pull analog data from an SLC 504 processor into Wonderware so it the values are graphed. Any details on how to export tags from 500 and import them into Wonderware.

Both the SLC-500 and InTouch allow database dumps and loads of CSV files, but the format doesn't match, so there is no automated method for importing the PLC tags into the InTouch database. At least, not that I am aware of.

You could export the database from the PLC, delete the tags that are of no interest to you and then modify the format of the file to match the format of the InTouch database dump file. The other alternative is to simply create the new tags manually with the InTouch Tagname Dictionary database editor.

If you have RSLogix500 open with Excel ()on a second monitor) you can click on the address in RSLogix and drag it into the spreadsheet. This will copy B3:0/0, N7:0, T4:0/DN C5:0.PRE, etc.

For the description, if you want it, you would have to click on it and Copy it then double click on the cell and Paste it there.