SMC Flex-E Soft Stop

moistcat

Hi there, very much new to AB Drives / Drives in general.

Driving a pump with SMC Flex Drive Rating: Pump (5-135) Revision 6.008.

Currently the drive parameters indicate:
Option Input 1 = Stop Option
Stop Input = Coast
Stop Time = 120

Stopping with this mode is causing issues as the back-pressure is causing the pump to stop instantly and hammering on the check valve.

The manual states that there are 'Soft Stop' and 'Pump Stop' modes, however I cant seem to find where I would set this?
(150-um008_-en-p.pdf pg14)

et2DpOYcib.jpg

Attachments

• PMP085_Parameters.xlsx
    17.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, what is your process?

How are you stopping the motor? Are you sending sending 24V to terminal 16? Or using the .LogicCommand_Stop bit from the AOP?

What is parameter 32 set to, if it is set to soft stop then selection Stop Option for parameter 133 should enable soft stop.

I could be wrong...but I don't think parameter 32 is available with the pump configuration. I don't see it on the Excel printout.

On the SMC Flex, Pump Stop is an option module added to the starter when ordered. If you didn’t order it, you will not see the parameters for it. I can’t remember if it can be added after the fact.

The newer SMC-50 has everything built-in and you just enable it or not.