Import Rs5000 tags to Wonderware?

sjameson

I am very 'green' with Wonderware...
What it the easiest way to import tags from RS5000 to Wonderware V9. I exported both tag lists to CSV files but they are not compatible with each other in there respected format. There has got to be any easier way than manually copying the tags from the RS5000 list to the Wonderware list???

Thank for any help!

Sean

You're right - they're not mutually compatible.

I have a spreadsheet that I use to build my tags for both RS5k and WW. I put the info in one time, let excel build the tag definitions, then copy/paste the appropriate excel regions to a text file for import.

It took a little time to setup the first time, but now it's done and I use it every time. Even when I have to create (more than just 1 or 2) new tags...