Contrologix CIP message to a faulted processor?

MajorFault

I have an application where I am doing a MSG read from "PLC_A" reading "DINT_1" in "PLC_B". What happens if PLC_B faults? Will the MSG read still perfom without error in PLC_A, continuing to read the "last state" data? Or, will the MSG read instruction error out?

If the reason for the fault does not clear the user program (like a hardware watchdog error) then the controller should reply to messages despite being in a Major Fault state.

I can give this a try at the office tomorrow to verify that.

Another way to exchange data is to use a Produced/Consumed Tag. You can then use a GSV instruction to read the Mode of the remote processor and can use it to decide whether to use the Produced data or not.

Thanks for the info. I tested this in the shop today and indeed if the remote processor faults the local message instruction will continue to opearte as normal.
Can you do produced/consumed over ethernet? I have used them alot before but, always over ControlNet.

Thanks again