Mounting a speed pot inside an enclosure

jlgluck

I am trying to mount a 22.5mm speed pot (for emergency reverse) inside of a large control cabinet. Does anyone know of a company that makes mounts for a 22.5mm button that can be put inside a cabinet. I do not need a full one button enclosure. I would do this inhouse however we do not have an easy way to work sheet metal. Any ideas or suggestions?

Clarification

I already have a speed pot (Automation Direct ECX2300-5K) I am looking for some way to mount it inside the cabinet. Does anyone know of a manufacturer who makes a metal mounting bracket or similar item?

I can probably use a din rail mountable device if one is available as this will simplify the mounting. I can also mount directly to the enclosure panel.

Look at the Padlock on page 40 (PDF page 38) of this link.
I first found it at Allied Electronics, ( link )
then Google'd '2pap padlock' to get the PDF link to the OEM catalog.
Looks like something you could modify.

Last edited:
The link Tark already provided you is for din rail mountable brackets for mounting 22.5mm devices inside a control panel. (look under the picture of the pot at the picture of a row of devices mounted on a din rail)

We discussed these sorts of devices in this recent thread: http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=4483

If you want something to screw down to your backpan then I suggest you go back to automation direct and get a six dollar single button plastic box, mount the pot in it, then mount it in the enclosure.

Last edited: