How To Convert Leader To Hex Code (Please help..)

genhits

G
Now I have project for Test in my university, I want to convert Lader Code to Hex Code
Ex..
LD ====> 0XXX

How to convert sulution if you know please help me.....

If you had thought about this problem a little, and maybe looked at your text, you would realize that even if we were inclinded to assist you in coasting to a degree without actually learning things there simply isn't enough information in your question to allow for a satisfactory answer.

I find it hard to beleve that your instructors asked you to do this assignment without any background information, without any text or reference material, and without any time in class spent discussing the technique.

Instruction List Assembler

Your instructor is asking you to write an instruction list assembler or compiler. That is a big task. This must be for a compiler/assembler writing class. Certainly not for a PLC class. I am working on something similar, but there is a big difference between your situation and mine:

1. I know what processor for which I am generating code.
2. I am generating binary machine code because computers don't execute hex.
3. I have a definition and syntax for instruction list.

Well like the previous two responders stated, you haven't given enough information for an adequate reply. But I would suggest the general process would be to convert the ladder logic to boolean (X1 AND X2 ANDNOT X3, etc.) and then to hex. You'll need more information to do this. By the way your PC has a calculator that when you place it in scientific mode you can easily convert to or from decimal, hex binary or octal.

topic too tough

:cool:
i had taken the assembly language two last semester. and i found that it's too tough to convert the ladder to hec code.

best regard
kama

Well, "too tough to ..." is a cop-out, but being a ridiculous, waste-of-time, busy-work assignment isn't. Aren't there more practical things these instructors could be focusing on? I found many, many appropriate topics for lab exercises and the like when I was doing the teaching gig. :confused: