Wonderware InTouch vs WinCC

nil9178

Hi all,

Have been using WinCC for some time and we are planning to switch over to Wonderware Intouch. Meanwhile I had Wonderware distributor at my office and few of the following points were confusing and he couldn't conclude properly......

1) Only PLC tags can be connected to Alarm. Memory tags can't be connected to Alarms ....

2) After 64 tags, the next available is 500. So if my application calls for 100 or 200 tags then I need to invest for 500... So aren't we out of competition when other vendors have options for 128, 256 ????

3) In case of iFix and WinCC, without developer license we can still work for 120 minutes and later close the application. Again open the application and work for next 120 minutes ?? Can something similar happen in Intouch???

4) Intouch history tag logging is only for half the tag license. For ex: if we procure 64 tag Intouch, then we can have history logging for only 32 tags, like wise for 500 tags we can have history logging for 250 tags... Is this really correct and is this the way history logging is restricted ?????

5) In WinCC we got basic pre-configured report view. We got to link history tags to this report viewer and thats it.... This option seems to be missing in Intouch.

6) Intouch license would be in the form of Dongle .... Doesn't come in the form of Sofykey ...

Moreover we are planning to use A2 DCS for few of our projects . Since A2 is combination of Wonderware + PAC , do we have the same kind of restrictions in A2 system as explained above for Intouch ???

Thanx & Regards
Nil

ans
1) you can access memory tags also.
2) yes thats true. u have to pay for 500 tags.
3) you can work for 8 tags only without license. other wise license is must.which comes in form of a dongle..
4) history can be made for all the tags.
5) report view you have to program. Which is a simple programming any person with little knowledge of intouch can do it.
6)read point 3.
no idea about A2 DCS