Automax DC drive Card Configuration.

dao

Hello to everyone and thanks in advance for your help.

I want to program/configure the DC drive controller card for an Automax DCS system (Reliance # 57406 Drive controller). This is one card of what Rockwell calls the "The four card group" and as they state in the domino support site there is no manuals or any programming info available for this cards.

I am using as reference a working system based on two Automax Racks and two of this DC drive controllers. I've studied the programming tasks and dissect the lines I thought were the key ones to activate the DC controller card and make it generate firing pulses to the power section.

To make the a long story short, my program was able to activate the card up to a certain point, no "C" displayed on the card's 7 segment" and also detects 3 phase sync and 3 phase rotation. But when I check on the Current Minor Loop running bit it is OFF all the time and I haven't been able to turn it on.

I just need any basic help on the procedure to activate the card so I can confirm that I'am in the right track on this.

Thanks again

Daniel

Excuse my ignorance, but you have to set a bit to turn the cml on.
I work a little with automax, but im not at work right now, im drinking ale in the morning, darned midnight shifts. Did you try searching dcs 5000, you might have better luck. Anywho the term DCS seems to be taboo around here. Better get one of those pocket reference manuals ,they come in real handy.
Seriously though, theres a cuurent minor loop block and im almost positive you have to set a bit to turn it on, we usually do it in the ladder logic, but i could be wrong, good luck

Hey, when i said excuse my ignorance its because Im an electrician, not a programmer. If you could use a pocket reference, i will scan it for you and send it in a day or three. Post an email adress if you`like. ok g`night

Thanks very much for your reply. You are right I did activate the CML ON register bit using the executive online monitor software, but the bit that indicates that the CML is ON won't activate. I would really appreciate any info you can send me my email is:

[email protected]

Thanks again.

I dont understand

Where did you get that DCS was taboo here?

The forum is primarily PLC BUT many here HAVE and MUST work with many different systems and DRIVES.

I do not think anyone, including Phil, objects to questions on any subject that may be linked to plc's or the field people work in where plc's are involved.

Offer all the DCS info you have...I am definitely open to it.

I was able to solve the problem, thanks to everyone for their reply.

Bulletin_Blues is right the Automax pocket reference is really handy in general sense I consider the Reliance Software manuals a piece of @##$#$$%. There is more useful info in the small pocket refence than in the other Automax Books together!!.

Ok here is the answer for any one starting to work with this systems:

The Automax DC drive card is part of what Rockwell calls "The four card group" which includes the DC Armature controller, Field regulator, Analog I/O and Digital I/O. Assuming that you know how to program a valid current loop task into Automax memory the other thing you need to do is FIRST enable the RUN PERMISSIVE input in the Digital I/O card and SECOND anable the Current Mode Loop to make it work. If you do it backwards it won't work. This are the simple but VITAL things that are not explained anywhere in the Automax manuals.

Regards

Daniel