FTV ME Station issues

JonAW

Hi All,

I am experiencing some issues with a Factorytalk View ME Station. It is FTV ME Station 8.1 (8.0 *.MER file) installed on a desktop i5 PC running Windows 10 Pro communicating to a ML1400. I have set the system so the operators must initiate the running of the application as the comms to the PLC would not make if the application opened automatically in the Windows startup.

Almost every other time the PC is restarted (which happens a couple of times daily as there is no mains supply on site - they are running a Derv generator) FTV is 'Unable to load application'. Usually a couple of PC restarts gets around the problem. I have installed the ResDir app to see if that would help but it hasn't.

The system is due to be handed over and my system is the only thing preventing this. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get around this issue permanently?

Thanks in advance

Jonny

Ok, Thanks for that, I'll look at that again. I have several iterations of both the ME & SE versions 8 & 8.1 running on windows 10 without issue. I may have jsut been lucky with those!

It may or may not help, but I had an issue with Siemens WinCC, where from time to time the WinCC application started up before the SQL server did. So I used Windows TaskScheduler to delay the start of the WinCC application by x amount of time for the booting of the system to "settle down" and the SQL service started. Again, not sure if it would help you or not, but it's an idea.