PanelView 800 Download

JKS

Hi, guys...

I know this should be pretty simple, but for the life of me, I cannot make it work.

I've just developed a new application in CCW for a PanelView 800. I've set the static IP address and Disabled DHCP. I can ping the PV, and it sees it in Linx.

What else could I possibly be missing?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you much.

- Jeff

Ok, but how does that allow for a download? When you go to download, RSLinx pops up each time.

I can see the PV800 in the Linx pop-up, and it says that it's talking, but it simply gives me a "Connecting to Graphic Terminal... Failed" after you hit "Ok."

Just not making a lot of sense to me.

And it doesn't want to connect through the browser, either. It is supposed to be a cross-over Ethernet cable, right?

I guess if your panel is firmware 3.011 or newer then it does not have the browser interface anymore.
Did you follow the steps in the manual as described on pages 119 and following?

Other than I'm not using an CL 5370 controller, yes, that's exactly what I've been doing. It seems as though it should be very straightforward: if Lynx sees the PV, it should download. But it has not.

I was able to figure out how to export the application to an USB stick and transfer it that way. And the application is working. But, not being able to get the Ethernet comms working is still bothering me...

- Jeff

Hoping I can help someone with this issue in the future. I also had the same problem as JKS.

I was connected to the PanelView through a switch, and Linx could see it, but could not download. Once I went straight to the PV bypassing the switch, it worked. Then it would work correctly through the switch.