Connect a Micrologix 1100 to a Powerflex 40P

Arnildo,
I am new to the Micrologix 1100 myself, so I am not of much help (yet), but I did read this thread earlier tonight when researching the Micrologix 1100 and ethernet...
http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=14133&mode=linearplus

It is a long thread, but has interesting info regarding things to watch out for when using ethernet for controlling drives. What is your application? What are you trying to position? What tolerance? What type of position feedback is in your system?

I just landed a job designing an automated Dynomometer tester where I am planning to use a ML1100 to control a General Electric AC drive for speed, but I was planning to use 0-10v control signal for the speed. As I learn more, I will try to help you if I can. I will be learning very quickly because I only have a month or so to design and install my whole system!!
respect,
frenchy

Hi Frenchy,

Thanks for your help. I'm right now declyning on ethernet comunication in this application... I will probly use PTO to control the number of pulses I will need to acchieve my position. I have two weeks to figger it out how to do this...About your questions, to receive a feedback I will use an encoder, my tolerance it's quite big, 1mm or so. My applictaion is a press, I don't really know how to explain it in english, but feeding is the secret in the system, a have to tell the drive to turn on the motor to spin until my desire lenght of material and then stop, with out a help of a stop device, like a sensor. It's basicaly this, see you.

Arnildo