Copy ing GX Developer files

The_Wanderer

I have been working on the documentation for a recent install that involved a couple Mitsubishi PLCs. As part of our documentation, we have aggreed to supply a copy of the program on CD along with all the CAD files, Machine Manual etc.
Problem is that GX developer programs in my experience do not like to be copied and pasted or even moved with windows explorer. The best way to move the program to another location is by opening the program with GX, then using "Save As...". For those that do not know, GX Developer programs are actually several different files in a folder-- it can not be opened through explorer as it is not recognized as an application.
So I can move the program around on my computer, but when I burn to CD, I end up with the files burned fine, but then even GX Developer does not recognize the folder as an application and can not open it. I tried saving directly to CD from GX, but got a message saying "the disk is not ready". Tried formatting the disk differently, tried a different burner on a different PC, same outcome.
Anybody burnt a GX Dev program to CD successfully? I'm hoping that I am just missing some simple checkbox somewhere. Rather be embarrassed here than with the customer... :rolleyes:

GX Developer Version

I've been using GX Developer for about 3 years and have never experienced the problems that you mention. Which version of GX Developer are you using?

Apologies, I should have read your post more thoroughly

If you write the program to CD it will be read-only. Perhaps GX Developer doesn't like opening read-only files?

Solution: Let it rest for a couple hours, then try again... :p

Turns out "Guest" is right (register so I can thank you properly...), as I just found out myself. GX doesn't like read-only files. So while I can't read the program directly off CD, if it is copied back onto a PC, the program is readble by GX.

Slightly annoying, but good enough for me.

BTW: GX Dev version 6.06G

Thanks
JEFF