FactoryTalk ME- Using a"String Input Enable" for Password Entry.How can I place X's

Rob S.

FactoryTalk ME- Using a"String Input Enable" for Password Entry.How can I place X's

Good Morning ,

FactoryTalk View ME ......

I'm using a "String Input Enable" to use as a Password Entry. Of course I don't want someone to see the password entered , but how to I fill it with possible X's , or something else , to let the operator know that they are typeing something in ? I thought the "Mask Scratch Pad " would work , but seems not.

Thanks so much for you advice

You will need to add a different font to the Panelview. At least this is how I do it. I use one called Password. Every alpha numeric character is a *. You should be able to find one doing an internet search. After loading the new font into the Panelview just set the font for your string input entry to the new font.

There should be a checkbox, per manual...

Pop-up settings
String pop-up
Select whether to use the keyboard or the scratchpad. To use the scratchpad, the computer running the application must have an external keyboard or keypad.

Number of input characters
Select the maximum number of input characters for the pop-up to accept, up to 82 characters.

Fill character
Select a character to fill the entered string if the operator enters fewer than the maximum number of input characters.

When the value is sent to the Value connection, the fill characters are placed after the string the operator enters. They do not appear in the pop-up window.

Mask scratchpad
Check this box to show all the characters the operator enters as the # character.

So, mask scratchpad sounds like what you need.