Help Converting DWORD to LREAL in TwinCat2

g.mccormick

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am needing to convert the low DWORD of a timestamp into a LREAL.
The DWORD is a 32bit unsigned number. In TwinCat2, I keep getting a negative value when the value goes high enough that the highest bit turns on. I've triied doing the DWORD_TO_LREAL and UDINT_TO_LREAL conversion functions to no avail. Do I need to be doing byte manipulations or something?

Thanks
I'm using TC2 and a CX8090 (ARM) for testing. I will give the DWORD_TO_LREALEX a shot. Thanks

Update: That works wonderfully. Thank you for the help. I'm struggling to learn TwinCat on my own. I wish so much that the editor and help (what help) was as good as the AutomationDirect Productivty Suite which, not nearly as power I know, has very good help with useful examples, etc.

Last edited: