Ftsp 6.11.0.12

77nomad

I'm at a loss here. One of my coworkers saved their work and went on vacation. It's an Factory Talk .ADA folder that I can't open. I keep getting prompted to update my FTSP to a higher rev. The problem is I'm at 6.11.00, that is the highest rev on the RA download center.

The prompt tells me I need 6.11.0.12 or higher to open because the ADA contains newer directory information. I installed the RA patches yesterday after a tech connect conversation with someone I believe wasn't qualified. But that's another story.

Long story short the coworker does more advanced work than I do so he thought (this has happened before) maybe it was because some of his software is on a higher version. But as far as I can tell, without actually looking at his laptop, My FT and Studio 5000 are both at current revisions as well. Oddly, if he saves just the .MER to a common drive, I can open that no problem.

My thoughts were the minor rev. didn't matter but there is something definitively going o I don't understand. Any thoughts?

Can you tell us what is is you are trying to do? I'm not familiar with ever needing to do anything with an ADA folder type in any RA software.

It sounds like you are trying to do something, maybe with FactoryTalk View Studio. An explanation of what software you are trying to use and what you are doing would help.

OG

So we are an OEM with several engineers. We have our "core" programs saved that we all start our work from. For some reason a couple of people save the ADA to the folder instead of the MER. I just wanted to extract the runtime so I could start a new project. The person who saved it is responsible for maintaining the core programs.

Either way, i reinstalled the June patches and everything is good now. Thanks for the help though.