Toshiba EX100 Programming Access Help

I just called the maintenance man... the speed is not the issue. In manual the pilot motor travels rapidly like it is supposed to do. They are going to replace the system. I was told to forget it... wow.
Thank You and everyone for all the input into this. Maybe someone down the road will be blessed by the research like I was by your input and Daleroe...
Thank You All!

Learning Toshiba EX100 PDD software...

You said,
"I might have stated the order of subtraction backward in my last post. I think it should be XW03 is subtracted from XW02."

That helps a bunch. I still am endeavoring to learn the Toshiba way of doing things. I did not understand the XW02 and XW03 as coming from the encoder card. For some reason I was thinking of X002 and X003 digital inputs... not too bright I know. I'm used to GE and AB where I can look at the hardware configuration and the addresses assigned to each slot. I see the I/O Allocation Table in the PDD software...

EDIT... I just uploaded a screen shot of the Allocation Table. I'd like to know what it all means for future reference.

IVEXPAD_I-O_ALLOCATION_TABLE_sm.jpg

Last edited:
Learning Toshiba EXPDD...

Here is a picture of the rack.
So we have:
SLOT 0: CPU
SLOT 1: DIGITAL INPUT X 01W
SLOT 2: DIGITAL OUTPUT Y 01W
SLOT 3: MPI21 PULSE INPUT iX 02W

So, how do we get XW02 - XW03 coming from iX 02W ?

IVEX_EX100_sm.jpg

Last edited:
My impression, for what its worth. I've never worked with a Toshiba PLC.

XW01 is a 16-bit word assigned to the input module in slot 01. The sixteen individual inputs are bits of that word.

YW01 is a 16-bit word assigned to the output module in slot 02. Since it appears to be a twelve point module, the individual outputs are the first twelve bits of that word.

The pulse input card in slot 03 probably uses more than one word of memory, at least XW02 and XW03 and perhaps more. You would need to get the details from its manual.

Thank You... page 79 shows the automatic allocations. Slot 3 is XW02 and XW03. I'll keep reading for more explanation.
EDIT... thanks also to Steve (I posted then saw your post)
EDIT... you said, "The pulse input card in slot 03 probably uses more than one word of memory, at least XW02 and XW03 and perhaps more. You would need to get the details from its manual." I've searched high and low for a manual on the "EX10*MPI21" module. So far, in the last month of looking, I have only found the same 3 pages twice. I'll upload those here so it might ring a bell with someone. It looks like 3 pages from a "chapter 3" from some unknown to me manual.

Toshiba_EX_MPI21_001.jpg Toshiba_EX_MPI21_002.jpg Toshiba_EX_MPI21_003.jpg

Last edited:
Email from Mr. Sing Madden: Toshiba

Byron San,

Glad you got things working, and was able to recover the program. Pertaining to the instructions of the ladder, the IN instructions means to read the input immediately, and the W->W is a register to register move statement. So for your example

02|----| |------|^|---[ IN [2 ] XW02 ] - [XW03 W->W D0005]--------------------------------( R002 )---|
X000 R120
When X000 is On and there is a transition from Off to On, 2 registers beginning at XW02 is immediately read, and the data from register XW03 is move into data register D0005, and R002 comes on, showing completion.

03|----| |------ [D0005 > D0001]-[D0001 - D0005 > D0006]------------------------| / |------------( )---|
3|R002 R015 R003

With R002 On, the data in D0005 is compared to data in D0001, and the difference between D0001 and D0005 is stored in D0006, and with R015 normally close, R003 comes On, showing completion.

I don’t have manual on MPI21 card, but I have attached the EX100 users manual that shows the some description of the modules, also it gives examples and explanations of the functions that are available in EX100. I also attached the EXPPD250 software manuals, that also explains some of these functions that are available.

As I have mentioned to you before, these older systems are long gone, and you should encourage customers to transition to our new platform (see attaché NV type 1 light brochure). Migration is not very difficult (hardware foot print is similar) and program translation is mostly retyping in a windows base software tool with modern IEC61131-3 languages. Thanks in advance

Sing Madden, MSE
Instrumentation Engineer
Field Service Department
Toshiba International
713 466 0277/800 231 1412, ext 26727
[email protected]

Last edited:
I appreciate his input... question though on the "minus" sign, I thought it meant XW02 minus XW03 below? Or perhaps he missed the minus sign in his explanation?

02|----| |------|^|---[ IN [2 ] XW02 ] - [XW03 W->W D0005]--------------------------------( R002 )---|
X000 R120

I asked Mr. Sing Madden: "Thank You Mr. Sing Madden ... I have a question: what about the minus sign between XW02 ] - [XW03 does that mean XW02 minus XW03 ? "

His reply: "Byron San, That not a minus, it is just the connection between one function and the next function. Thanks in advance."

Last edited:
Steve, you asked: "Is there any connection to the "EXT" terminal? That resets the counter."

If you look at the photo of the PLC rack above- far right card- slot 3... yes there is wiring there, labeled: EXT; -12

Good morning
I need a cable diagram to connect a HP-100 to a PU11A from a EX100 series.
Thanks in advance.

Daniel, this thread is five years old. I would advise that you start a new thread so people can help you. This thread is not just old, but has many posts, which decreases probability of forum members reading your post.