Export FactoryLink ECS 5.5 Tag Database

substrate

Hi guys,

This is my first time posting on the forum ... looks quite nice.

I'd like to know if there is a way to export the tag database out of a FactoryLink ECS HMI. We are in the process of converting the old FactoryLink ECS HMI to RSView Studio SE and it would be very nice if I could get the old tags out. I have never used FactoryLink ECS and thus could not figure out how to do it.

A little background ...
The system is on a DH485 network I believe and I think there was some 3rd party communications drivers that had to be installed on to the system. I'm not sure if I actually need to install these drivers to get the tag database out -- I was told I do by the 3rd party software manufacturer but he is no longer providing support due to the age of the product.

Any help is appreciated ... I'd like to know the most common methods for exporting the database into a .csv format (or equivalent).

I am a recovering Factory Stink user, so let me start off by saying "I'm sorry"! I do not know of any way to do this; as I recall, nothing associated with FactoryLink was ever "easy" or "intuitive".

or here: http://support.tecnomatix.com/

I'm not sure if I understand your question. You is not after the whole internal tag-database, but the tag's used in the PLC communication?

I believe you need the driver installed in Factory Link before you can see the configure tables for the driver... and the PLC elements used.

Export? Mark table, copy and past it into excel?