Automation Direct Analog CLICK plc

JonHopper

Has anyone had any experience with the new analog CLICK PLC from Automation Direct ?

The application I need it for only requires one analog input, and 10 digital in/ and out (which I can cover with the digital i/o modules).

I am merely wondering if anyone has had any experience with the new Analog input with regards to the CLICK progamming software, and if they encountered any issues.

I am trying to decide between the DL06 and the CLICK Analog.

Thank you,

Here is a question you did not ask. Will you be needing a high speed counter? In your last thread your project bordered on motion control.(Backing off the screw a couple of turns).

Not exactly sure yet if we're going to need a high speed counter or not. Haven't quite decided... an encoder would be nice but not quite sure if it's going to be feasible, and/or completely necessary.

On the Click for high speed counting investigate the use of the interrupt capability on the first couple of inputs. They have 5 microsecond response.

For the first two DC inputs:

Rising and Falling edge :

X1-2: Typ 5 μs Max 20 μs*

W/ a 32 PPR encoder @ 1000rpm this will be more than sufficient as I would need at least 1.876mS. However typical scan times are 1 to 2 ms so theres no way of telling for sure... I don't believe there are any interrupt features for the first two DC inputs though.

I'll probably end up using something like 1 or 2 PPR , in which case it should work fine.

Program tab - Interrupt program - right click for 'Add New Interrupt Program' - create interrupt handling routine.

Function tab - CPU built in I/O Setup - Input tab - Choose 'Interrupt for X1.

Function tab - Interrupt Setup - External Interrupt section - choose added interrupt program to service X1 as interrupt.