1771-ife In Plc5 Remote Rack

Road_Guy

I sort of remember reading somethimg about using
analog modules in a PLC5 remote rack with
asb module. Does anybody know about this or
is alzheimer's kicking in?

Best to re-read the manuals, in the old days, if I remember right you had to use BTR/BTW but now it may be possible using M files. Do not rely on this Alzheimer head either, I did not look it up.

Road_Guy said:
I sort of remember reading somethimg about using
analog modules in a PLC5 remote rack with
asb module. Does anybody know about this or
is alzheimer's kicking in?

I think the issue you may have had Deja Vu of, is the location of the analog modules. I seem to recall something long ago that the Analog and Intelligent modules should be the closest to the ASB modules in a remote rack

Ian

There is an article written for the ControlLogix using RIO to 1771 IO that references that an ASB can only handle one message at a time. Reading into this, if you have multiple Analog IO modules in the chassis, then use a "message manager" to coordinate your messaging.

I don't really know if this has any significance on the PLC5, but thought I would just throw it out there on the table.

If you are looking for the refernce, look on the answer center (formerly Knowledgebase). I didn't print the article, but did the attachment. It is titled "DH+/RIO Message Management in ControlLogix"