What software s needed to edit a Siemens OP20

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi all,

problem is this:
Our man in china has made some changes to an old S5 program, and needs to update the operator panel OP20 accordingly.
But it appears that Protool doesn´t know this type of panel.

What software is needed, and which cable ?

Thanx

Hello Jesper;
The OP20 is an old beast; the only info I have on it comes from a 1996 S5 catalog.
The software used to program it is DOS-based, and is called COM TEXT. It is not available for sale, but some distributors may still have it in their archives, and generally will give it away.
Cable: suggested cable is 6ES5 734-2BD20, but that is for a Siemens PG (programming unit): PG 730, PG750... If your contact in China has one, use that cable; the TTY connector on the PGs provides the 24 V DC for the loop. If not (using a PC ComX), use cable 6ES5 734-1BD20 with an external 24 V supply unit, such as B&B electronic provides (sorry, can't find the exact part no right now, but tech help at B&B can look it up for you).
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier