EasyView and EasyBuilder 500

Tharon

I have a machine with an EasyView 500, part number MT510SV2.

I downloaded EasyBuilder 500 from the Weintek website, and an EasyView 500 user guide, along with an Easy Builder "Getting Started" manual.

Searching through it all I cannot find anything showing me the pinout of the RS232 cable required to communicate from the HMI to a PC. Where can I find this piece of information?

I think I may have found it. In an Easybuilder 4200 manual, it shows the pinout for the MT5-PC cable (which the 500 manual says is needed).

http://www.ctc-control.com/customer/downloads/ctcview/EasyBuilder4200.pdf

It shows:

Pin 2 PC -> Pin 7 HMI
Pin 3 PC -> Pin 8 HMI
Pin 5 PC -> Pin 5 HMI

Not your standard cable, it seems the HMI Pins 1 through 4 are set aside to be able to communicate to a PLC on RS485 at the same time you connect with a PC on the RS232 portion.