KEP MMI and EasyBuilder Communication Issue

jmaty23

I am having an issue with uploading the logic file from a KEP MMI-850T Screen. See below for a description of the issue. Can you provide any assistance with this?

I downloaded and installed the EasyBuilder software and am trying to use the EasyManager to perform the upload.

I made a custom serial cable (did not order the MT5-PC cable) using the following pin out on the RS232 connectors:
Pin 2 PC -> Pin 7 HMI
Pin 3 PC -> Pin 8 HMI
Pin 5 PC -> Pin 5 HMI
Bridged PC Pin 7 and 8

When I connect the serial cable to the HMI and PC, I first set the COM port to “COM 6” that my PC assigned to my USB to Serial adapter. Then I click “Jump to RDS” and then press the Upload button to attempt to upload the current file in EasyManager.

I am then prompted to save the file. Then the upload dialog form appears. From this point forward, nothing happens (see picture).

hmiconnectiontopc.jpg hmifrontpicture.jpg uploadscreen_noactivity.jpg IMG_20130827_094344.jpg

I ended up contacting KEP on the issue. After we tried a few troubleshooting steps, the technician ended up sending me the MT5-PC cable. I just received it yesterday. I will being trying it out tomorrow to see if I can upload from the HMI.

I tried out the cable that KEP sent me and it worked great. I attached a photo of the cable. The part # is MT5-PC.

I performed the upload using the EasyManager software.

Here is the procedure I followed to perform the upload:
1. Hook up the MT5-PC serial cable to your computers serial com port. I use a USB to Serial adapter and it works fine.
2. Select the correct com port in EasyManager for your serial cable.
3. Baud Rate is 38400 (should be selected by default.)
4. Choose "Project Download/Upload" in drop-down menu.
5. Choose "Complete Download/Upload" in next drop-down menu.
6. Click "Change to RDS" button. The screen should turn black and show some configuration settings. This means that your computer and the EasyManager are communicating properly with the MMI and the MMI is ready to perform the download/upload.
7. Click "Upload".
8. Choose a file path and save the file.
9. Once the upload is complete, you should receive a message that says "Mission Complete".

kepcable.jpg