GX developer: Exporting code

Mas01

The ladder logic changes I've made need to be reviewed.
Is there a feature/function in GX developer for exporting code (i.e. MAIN/DEFAULT/ANALOGUES/etc) into a format so that my peers can review it? We only have one GX developer licence, so ideally want to export to a format that can be read on most PCs. Thanks

There are any number of free pdf printer applications available. You install one on your computer just like you would install the printer driver for a physical printer. Once installed you select it as the destination printer when you print the logic.
You may find you already have installed. Click the "Printer Setup" button to see the selections available on your PC.

Win 10 has a pdf printer that will print to a file it's called "Microsoft Print to PDF" or as stated above you can download a number of free ones.
When you print in GXDeveloper just select the main program (Note: there is no way of just selecting parts of the Main program (there is a way if you have more than one program but if you only have "Main" then you have to print out the whole thing). so your only way is to print both copies i.e. original & manually compare it with the original, you can compare the old file with the new, however, it shows only the difference in statement list (compiled code) and is not printable (as far as I'm aware), also any extra contacts you put in will shift that program down so in actual fact most of the code will show differences, for future programs it makes sense to add extras into separate program blocks, then in PLC Parameters add the extra programs to be called in scan. so I'm afraid your only choice is to print out both the old & the new, most experienced programmers will document the changes in the comments for example, if you add a ladder rung then the comment will state the date and information on what the changes are etc.
The only other way is as above then go through the two programs and use highlight pens on the changes
Go to File\Printer setup , there you can change the printer so if you have a pdf printer installed then you select that as default

Resurrecting this old thread...thanks for the PDF advice. It seems to work but will only print one screen's worth of code, not the entire code, which is a real shame. Means I'll have to combine them together.

Resurrecting this old thread...thanks for the PDF advice. It seems to work but will only print one screen's worth of code, not the entire code, which is a real shame. Means I'll have to combine them together.

Can you print the entire ladder to a regular printer e.g. hardcopy?

No, the PLC PC is not connected to any printer. I think I'll have to create multiple PDFs and transfer them via USB memory stick.

Do you have a [Print] button in the [File] menu that you can click when running GX Developer? If yes, can you select a PDF printer option in the dialog window that comes up when you click it?

You must have something wrong, GX developer will print to PDF as multiple pages, however, I think there is a slight bug a print preview only shows one page but on win 10 using Microsoft print to pdf + others I have tried prints all pages, but only displays one page in print preview.

You must have something wrong, GX developer will print to PDF as multiple pages, however, I think there is a slight bug a print preview only shows one page but on win 10 using Microsoft print to pdf + others I have tried prints all pages, but only displays one page in print preview.

Thanks, I'll save the PDF and transfer to a Windows 10 machine. The PLC is on Windows XP I think but I'm not sure, could be 10 years old.