Rockwell Studio5000 & Windows 10

Zlinger

What are others experiencing with Logix/Studio5000 and Windows 10? I just upgraded my Windows 7 machine to 10 about an hour ago. When I start Studio5000 (version 28.00), I get an error that reads:

"There was an error logging onto the Security Server.
Unexpected error encountered when logging into the Security Authority.
(An unexpected error occurred after the user was authenticated. Access privileges for this user may be misconfigured. See your Security Administrator.)"
Error 1699-80043B07

I click ok and the software starts fine. However, I have noticed that I can no longer "Save As" to create an L5k file. When I click "Save As" absolutely nothing happens. Everything else on the file menu seems to work though.

I plan on calling Tech Support tomorrow, just thought I'd see if anyone has experienced anything similar.

it doesn't work well with the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I tried that nothing worked I think driver issues.
But I did install it in a new computer running Windows 10 with the Pro upgrade everything seams to be working fine.
Rockwell dose not support Studio 5000 in Windows 10 yet so you will get little help from them.
Also Siemens is the same way but they will not even talk to you about it, they only support Windows 7 PRO if you are running anything else they just shut you down must be running only Windows 7 Pro
I have both running on the same Windows 10 computer both seam to be working fine but I need some runtime to confirm that every thing is working

I just used the free upgrade on Friday from Win7 pro to Win10 pro.
RSlogix 5000 V20.01.00 works fine, and SaveAs works OK too.
I did get a security Error when starting, but clicking through seems to open up the program ok.
RSLogix 500 V8.40.00 opens fine also.
I did not re-install either program, I just left them on the machine, and when the Widows upgrade was complete they were both still there.
I did however, ReHost the Activations before upgrading, and then Get new activations when it was all over.

SecurityServerError.jpg

I get an error that reads:

"There was an error logging onto the Security Server.
Unexpected error encountered when logging into the Security Authority.
(An unexpected error occurred after the user was authenticated. Access privileges for this user may be misconfigured. See your Security Administrator.)"
Error 1699-80043B07

That error number seems to be generic for all sorts of faults with the FactoryTalk Directory...

Check out my post here

and go to the end to see how my issue was resolved....

Last edited: