FactoryTalk View SE "TOUCH" property in FactoryTalk View ME

wanher3

Hello,

I have a graphic in FactoryTalk View SE that uses aTOUCH property to set a tag value equal to 1 on release. Im looking to implement that same graphic property in FactoryTalk View ME but ME doesnt have a TOUCH property.

How can i implement a graphic with FactoryTalk view ME so that when it is pressed and release, it sets a tag value to 1 ?

Create an invisible or maybe its a transparent button. Look at the buttons properties like color, size and boarder width and I think its in there.

I don't have ME loaded and its been awhile.

HTH

im not sure im following. Those buttons dont have an Action property field where i can say ...TagName = 1.

Oh hell, you made me fire FTME up. Look at the button actions and see if value will get you what you need.

You have three choices on a momentary button, NO, NC and Value.

I believe Dravik was referring to what is posted in RA knowledgebase 183862 and explains a ME workaround.

183862 - Is there Touch Animation in FactoryTalk View ME
Access Level: Everyone

Well not really because in SE, some of the actions on release are conditional statements like
If (Cond = x) THEN TagNameX = 1;
Else TagNameY = 1;
ENDIF;

Any other ideas ?

Did you read about the value option for the button? Sounds like you can set that to do what you originally asked for. Unless I'm missing something.

Edit..I haven't used the value option so I could be talking out my lower vent.

The value option doesn't allow to set a tag value based on a conditional statement. In fact, the button properties have no field to enter a conditional statement.