Replacing a analog card in remote rack

bright676

I have a remote rack with a 1747-ASB. It has a 1746-NI4 in it and I need to replace it with a 1746-NI8 to get some more analog inputs.

I have never had to deal with a 1747-ASB before is there any thing that I have to do with the ASB card? I know that I will have to update the configuration in the main PLC but what about the ASB card.

Thanks for the guidance.

There is a switch setting on the ASB to have it remember what cards are in what slots. SW3 switch #8. If that switch is ON then it saves the current config. If it is OFF then it will check the modules against the saved setting. So if it is ON then you don't need to do anything. It is simply saving the setting every time you power on.

If it is OFF then you'll need to switch it ON and power up with the new module installed. That will get it to save the configuration with the new module. Then power it off and change it back to OFF. From there it will compare the saved setting to the actual modules.

OG