FactoryTalk View Studio HMI with Remote IO Scanner

dabomb4097

I'm trying to develop a program in FactoryTalk View Studio 5.10 for a PanelView Plus 1500.

I set up the RIO driver in the Communications tab and created some aliases to use for the bits I want to read.

But the RIO aliases are not coming up in the tag browser when I try to attach them to objects in my displays. I tried "Refresh Folder" and "Refresh All Folders" and nothing is coming up. What step did I miss?

I can't find any how-to articles for a newer 5.x FactoryTalk, so the screens in the articles I'm looking at are a bit different.

Here are a few screen shots.

1 shows the RIO configuration in the communications tab, with aliases set up.

2 shows the tag browser in the Application, which isn't showing any of the aliases I set up for RIO communication.

1.jpg 2.jpg

Did you setup your shortcut in the communications setup and point it to the controller?

I'm looking at help files to try and figure out how to do that.

It tells me to click the + sign next to "RSLinx Enterprise" to select Communications Setup. There is no + sign there, like there are no sub-items under "RSLinx Enterprise"

I see that. There is a thread on here some where about registering a .dll to fix an RSlinx Enterprise issue. I don't know if that will fix your issue or not.
KB 33825 talks about this issue but you need a support contract to view it and it talks about reg the .dll

Last edited: