S7 313C communication port repair

sttchui

hi everyone,

I have a S7 313C Cpu communicating with a pro-face touch screen (AGP 3000 Series), the problem is we found out that the cable communicating between these unit cannot be swap, we accidently swap it & cause the communication port on the PLC burnt & also on the touch screen port. As now we unable to link to both my PLC & my touch screen.

From the circuit of the communication cable, i think we shorted pin 7 & pin 8 inside the S7 communication port. Pin 7 i think got internal DC24V supply. correct me if i am wrong.

i would like to know, if we could repair the the S7 communication port ourself or check if the communication port really faulty.

Thanks!

Regards,

sttchui

please post the scheme of the cable so we will see what could happen in case of swapping the cable... and did you mean the swapping of the cable between PLC and operator panel?

pin 7 is 24V and pin 8 is line A (signal line), I have dealt with the burned ports on IM-153 and some SEW-Eurodrive profibus devices, but it was burned by shorting to the 400V line... I have changed the burned MAX rs485 transcievers (something like max13088e or so, do not remember exactly, anyway i have not found exact microchips and have used similar ones) and it worked well... also, on the device located right at the shorting-point, I also had to change the ADUM 13xx microchip (digital isolator), which is connected after MAX microchip... it was working well then too...

you can try to measure the impedance between 3 and 8 pins on the port (make sure that device is OFF), i had too less impedance on the burned microchips...

anyway before tring to repair the ports, make sure that they are really burned...