View ME and Supervisory Edition

mjkoc518

I am currently trying to load RS View ME and Supervisory Edition on my PC. However right at the end of the installation I am getting an error that says the software needed for the installation is not being detected therefore the installation cannot complete? I read that you need Service Pack 2 which I should have running on this PC. I went to the microsoft site for updates and it states that I do have service pack 2. How can I find out if I really do have it and if it is running? Also could there be another reason I cannot install this software? I am using Windows XP if that helps..........

I think you need to install the .NET framework before installing View ME. This should be one of the items in the install selections when you start the install.

Just a guess.
Keith

And what levels of SE/ME are you putting in?

SE Server REQUIRES that you have IIS (Internet Information Services) installed to use Server.

If you put on the 'Full Development System' for Studio, it will try to install server, which will gracefully fail without IIS.

The version I have is 3.00.00

I am stumped to why I cannot install this software. There got to be something basic that I am missing. Right at the end of the installation with about 30 seconds left I get an error 1727 I believe. Can anybody give me some more clues