Question about Rs view32 . Scada

I have rs view 32 scada running on pc with dh+ network
. So the rs view running channel is the 1st channel (as dh+ network interface card ) . I want to add a new plc to it as a new node for scada without adding it to the dh+ plc's network . .but it has an Ethernet communication port . I'm asking about if the rs view32 has the feature of communicate with 2 nodes at different communication channels simulatinously . Because the new plc doesn't had any dh+ port . And away from the existing plc's network.

Last edited:
Dear tarik
Thanks for your kindly reply .firstly the plc which I want to add is Ls .but I'm just asking about if the rsview32 has the ability to communicate with two individual communication channels .
I'm sure you know that in each project in rsview32 you have upto 4 communication channels.i mean the communication channels not the hardware nodes .
I hope you understood my question .
Best regards
Eng. Ayman

Yes, you can use Ethernet as one of the four available Direct Driver channels in RSView32.

To my knowledge you cannot use Direct Driver channels for PLC-5/250 or any ControlLogix controller.

An "LS" controller might be an LS Series PLC from LG; they are most popular in Korea. RSLinx cannot communicate with any non-Allen-Bradley controllers.

For ControlLogix or for any non-Allen-Bradley controller, you must use OPC instead of a Direct Driver.

For convenience, a link to the RSView32 User Guide:

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/vw32-um001_-en-e.pdf

Dear sir
I'm asking about if rsview32 can communicate with 2 plcs Each of them located at different communication channel . The first plc connected to rsview32 through pci dh+network interface card ( installed in scada pc) . And the second plc ( I want to add it through the second communication channel" EThernet " ) .
So if I added it and configured it as additional node . Can the rsview32 communicate with the two communication channels simunitionsly during run time ?

Yes, you can use Ethernet as one of the four available Direct Driver channels in RSView32.

To my knowledge you cannot use Direct Driver channels for PLC-5/250 or any ControlLogix controller.

An "LS" controller might be an LS Series PLC from LG; they are most popular in Korea. RSLinx cannot communicate with any non-Allen-Bradley controllers.

For ControlLogix or for any non-Allen-Bradley controller, you must use OPC instead of a Direct Driver.

For convenience, a link to the RSView32 User Guide:

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/vw32-um001_-en-e.pdf
. Thanks alot for your reply .

Can RSView32 communicate with two communication channels simultaneously during run time ?

Yes. It can communicate with up to four Direct Driver communication channels simultaneously during runtime.

I also tried to anticipate information you will need to communicate with an LS controller, which is why I noted that it will not work with RSLinx through a Direct Driver communication channel.

Are you sure that I must use the second plc through direct driver ?
Because with LS plc I will not be able to use direct driver . I will use opc driver through Ethernet connection

You can use a second Allen-Bradley PLC via Direct Driver, if it is a supported model. That includes PLC-5E and SLC-5/05 controllers.

RSView32 only supports four simultaneous Direct Drivers.

You must use OPC to connect to a third party PLC.

RSView32 has no pre-set limit to the number of controllers you can connect to via OPC.

this means that to make use of that feature . I must use Allen bradly plc through direct driver . And if I use LS plc through opc ( through Ethernet connection) the rsview32 will not communicate with the two phisical communication channels simulatinously.??

Last edited:
I am going to try to give you information instead of answering your questions directly, because I think we are experiencing some language barriers. I only write fluently in English, so I am limited in my ability to clarify.

RSView32 can communicate with up to four simultaneous physical communication channels via Direct Drivers. These include DH+, RS-232, and Ethernet.

Only legacy (PLC-2,3,5 and SLC-500) Allen-Bradley controllers are supported via Direct Driver channels. ControlLogix must use OPC.

RSView32 can communicate with any type of PLC (Allen-Bradley or other) via OPC. RSView32 can be an OPC Client to any OPC Data Access 2.05 server.

There is no pre-set limit to the number of different controllers that RSView32 can communicate with over OPC.

To add an LS controller to your RSView32 HMI system, you must use an OPC Server for that controller's protocol. The existing DH+ communications can remain unchanged.