Factory Talk Security Question

bubbleship

We have a customer that wants 2 levels of security access on the panelview plus (password & removable key selector switch). I have done password no problem, but I never had tied an input on the PLC card. Not sure how to do this or if it can be done? I’m using 1769-L32E Compact Logix with PV+ 1000 Thanks for your Help!

so if the key selector switch is in the enable position (say input 1 is on) than the setup person can login to make changes to a recipe. I'm still not sure how to do this?

Why don't you tie the animation of the log in button to the switch.

So if the switch isn't on then you can't see/press the log in button.

Cheers

Mark

Copy your Recipe File to a Storage File if key is true and changes are allowed.
Then Copy your Storage File to your Recipe File if change is not allowed.

Create a 1 second pulse bit
Now Pulse bit and Key condition will determine if you copy recipe to storage or storage to recipe.

This way when Key switch is off and no change is allowed and someone makes a change. It will be overwritten when the pulse bit is true.

Also this keeps the PLC in Control And Not your HMI.

QUOTE=MarkNightingale;622697]Why don't you tie the animation of the log in button to the switch.

So if the switch isn't on then you can't see/press the log in button.

Cheers

Mark[/QUOTE]

Thanks Mark... Didn't think about that 🙃