Desktop PC with a Serial Port?

Hello,

Many PC motherboards provide the pin header for one or more hardware RS232 ports and the "PC makers" do not supply/include the header cable to slot adapter (header to 232 9 pin). The cable/adapters are low cost. Check the motherboard documentation.

Hi there,

Is it possible to purchase a desktop PC with a Serial port these days?

I have an old Citect SCADA system I need to install on a PC which uses Modbus comms to a Modicon Quantum PLC.

If you're looking for Industrial rated PCs, you'll probably more likely to find this than something from your local computer store. I know most of the Siemens IPCs have serial ports.

Similar Topics

Good afternoon all, hope yall are well. Is there any program available which allows me to remote in on a client's laptop, but run the programs on...
Replies
Views
For my first time, I put a copy of Studio 5000 and Factory Talk Activation Manager on my customer's machine (On-logic Windows PC), then use remote...
Replies
Views
I am hoping someone here can help me out with Remote Desktop Connection Manager. On my clients an on my ThinManager server my screens size fine...
Replies
Views
Hello: Did a project some months ago for a customer. It is a Windows 10 application running on an industrial PC which is not connected to the...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a desktop lock application that would be good for industrial use? I know the FlexLock utility is shipped inside DeltaV and...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom