FactoryTalk View Studio library object

Rotary gauges are fairly inefficient when you look at the information conveyed per square centimeter of screen space. Most programmers use digitial gauges for that reason, a box with a number inside. It shows the same information. That is if you are mostly interested in showing what the operators need to know to run the drilling rig.

If it is a contest to make the most artful display, then I am not the man to help you. I have 0 experience with that.

Try this: http://www.industrialgadgets.com/ part of softwaretoolbox.com. One of my customers used this.

I agree with the others. One shouldn't try to make the HMI look like the physical things they replaced. But you should take the time to make it look professional too. Buttons the same size, objects aligned, etc.

Here are a couple of similar types of rotary gauges with animation.

Rotarty Gauge.jpg

Attachments

• Rotary Gauges.ZIP
    145.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Hi Lancie.

Thank you very much for that. Looks really good in the jpg. The only problem is that when I unzip the file and want to import it I get " an unnamed file has a bad format". Could you please try to export again .

Try this: http://www.industrialgadgets.com/ part of softwaretoolbox.com. One of my customers used this.

I agree with the others. One shouldn't try to make the HMI look like the physical things they replaced.

Thanks for that. I did download the application and will check now what can be done.

Thank you.

can you use software toolbox to quickly create graphics? can they be imported into FT View Studio and used w/o using Active X controls I'd like to just import the graphics and then use FT to animate a dial, bar, etc.

Kraken Fan #69

The only problem is that when I unzip the file and want to import it I get " an unnamed file has a bad format". Could you please try to export again.
Sorry, I should have mentioned that it is a native RSView32 GFX format. You or someone would have to convert it to your later version of FactoryTalk.
Can you use software toolbox to quickly create graphics?
Probably. I used MicroSoft Paint, then copied and "Paste Special" the file as a Metafile into the View Library files.

Last edited:
where i can find such objects for FTview ME application

where i can find such objects for FTview ME application for project as in attached image

IMG-20180319-WA0006.jpg