Siemens STEP7 Software Redundancy

prhudson

P
banghead

I have been trying to get Siemens STEP7 Software Redundancy to work on two S7-416-2DP PLCs. I have tried copying the demo program, SWR_400_MINI, function blocks with a few minor modification for the hardware that is connected to the PLC. I keep getting an "area length" error that stops the PLC.

I printed out the SWR manual that I download from the web and I have read every page. No help there.

I went to the Siemens site and found a FAQ (ID: 2812567) relating to this problem, but nothing I have tried will get past the "area length" error.

Has anyone had any success with Siemens STEP7 Software Redundancy?

:unsure:

Does your hardware configuration contain analog modules using the process image? I received a similar error message using a S7 414-4H as just an F system (no redundancy). In my case, the default configured process image was too low for the default addressing selected for some of the failsafe I/O modules. I readdressed the I/O modules to fit in the size of the process image and it worked fine. Yours may be a totally different problem that is related specifically to the reduncancy, though. Good luck.