Old Omron CQM1-21 files

forqnc

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,
I've been asked what is involved to upgrade and old CQM1-21 Omron PLC to a CJ2M. I have the old file with an extension of .cdm and searches for the software indicate that CX programmer should open it. If I double click the file project editor with CX Server opens, but whats in there doesn't make any sense. Another file in the machines folder has a .cpt extension, which on my laptop associated itself to Corel Paint. I am assuming this is the HMI program, but again I do not know what software opens it.
Any assistance appreciated.

Last edited:
CPT was a very short lived programming software from Omron.
Been too long, don't remember if it was before or after Syswin.

My suggestion would be to contact Omron tech support (800-556-6766) and see if they would be able to convert it.

Thanks for the replies and information guys. Also for confirmation the files used SYSWin. Since we build a small variation of machines, I was able to find the first version of a machine build using CX programmer. I/O match the older machines Electrical prints so I'm going to use that.