Red Lion G304K2 ethernet download issues

adisharr

Hi all,

I'm having programs connecting to a G304K2 over Ethernet to transfer the screens. I know on the older models, you first had to do a serial tranfer to enable Ethernet download but on the newer ones you can set switches 1 and 2 on to bring up a system menu.

In the G304K2 system menu, I set the following:

IP 192.168.1.20
Subnet 255.255.255.0
Gateway (shows up as 'x')

Shows TCP/IP download is enabled on port 789.

(I'm connecting to a small 5 port switch with working cables)

In Crimson under the network tree (Ethernet tab), I have the following set:

Port mode: manual
IP: 192.168.1.20
Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 0.0.0.0

DNS: disabled

Full duplex: Enabled

Max segment: 1280 send and receive (default)

Under download tab:

IP download: enabled
Listen: 789
Download to different port: disabled

Selection mode: Auto Ethernet 1

Under link options:

TCP/IP (can't remember if 'slow link' was checked or not, it might have been off. Should it be on?

For my PC Ethernet adapter settings:

IP; 192.168.1.30
mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: all blank

When I try to connect it shows either 'can't open port' or just times out.

Any ideas? (using built-in Ethernet port now)

I can try a USB Ethernet adapter if that might be an issue. I have two different mfgs of them.

Thanks for any help..

Thanks for the link but unfortunately that refers to an earlier version of the screen. The newer firmware allows addressing through the screen itself. I like Red Lion but it would be nice if they had a quick setup guide.

Last edited:
Solution:

I just spoke with Red Lion and they told me that although the new firmware gives you the options to enable Ethernet download, set an IP, etc.. it doesn't work correctly due to a hardware issue. You still need to use the serial cable.