Ifix 3.5 connection to PLC

NR16

I have restore a PC with IFIX 3.5 and installed GE9 driver.

I have 4 PLC's and ping to the PLC is ok. The IFIX 3.5 is not communicating to the PLC's.

Is there any configuration that is required to set up the communication.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Is there any configuration that is required to set up the communication.
The answer to your question is 'maybe'.

To which PLCs with what port and protocol(s)?

PLC's & Connection

The PLC's are GE Fanuc 90-30 using Ethernet port on the CPU and remote PC using lease line connected on the COMM card using ethernet.

PLC's & Connection

Hi RussB

The PLC's are GE Fanuc 90-30 using Ethernet port on the CPU and remote PlC using lease line connected on the COMM card using ethernet.

I hope you could help me out.

If you are using the SRTP protocol the only thing you will need to do on the Ethernet connections is to get the IP, Masks, and Gateways correct. I have no clue on the "Leased line" as to what it will take to get through.

You do know that iFix is currently at IIRC version 5.8 and the GE9 driver is also very old.

Hi RussB

I had already set the IP, submask gateway.But not good.

Is there a way to test the PLC connection from IFIX. I read about GE9 power tools, is it possible.

I have installed the IFIX 3.5 on Win XP and the old PC was loaded with GE9 driver.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the IFIX.