How to read out a slave of profile S-7.3 through a gateway of specification ASi-2.0 ?

zova

It is possible at all?

I have an issue almost in accuracy same that I have found in official forum Siemens:

oshaman wrote:

"I have recently replaced some analogue Asi modules type 3RK1207-1BQ00-0AA3 with newer type; 3RK1207-1BQ40-0AA3 2AI S7.3.D. Whilst the old units were working OK, I have a problem in that the new modules cannot read analogue signals. I have some DP/ASi link 20E as ASi master to these modules. How can I get these modules to read analogue signals. Are there any FBs or SFCs that I need to use. What is difference between these modules because I had thought that it should have been a direct swoop with no problem at all."

The question has been successfully solved because Siemens gateway Link 20E support ASi 2.1 specification. More over, Siemens offers two ways for ASi slaves S-7.3 reading through ASi 2.1 Profibus-ASi gateway - by means of use SFC59 (easier, but less diagnostic information) and SFB52 (slightly hard, but more of diagnostic information).

My issue is more difficult because I deals with ASi 2.0 AC1005 gateway from ifm.

I have not found out any information that it is impossibly to read out ASi slave of S-7.3 profil through gateway ASi 2.0, but I have not find out any information about how to do it too!

PS: At the moment, for reading analogue input of ASi slave of profile S-7.1 is used not clearly whence taken FC10 "ASI: Analog value ASI", author - Siemens. The programme block does not read S-7.3 slaves, but ASi 2.0 gateway AC1005 sees it without any communication errors, but read value - 7FFF constantly.

New SFC59 and SFB52 blocks read value:
- if number of slave is 16 and less - 7FFF
- if number is 17... 31 - 0.
Errors:
"DP protocol error at layer 2 (for example, slave failure or bus problems)" if SFC59 used
"no DPV1 protocol element is used" for SFB52.

Does anyone can help me?

I think that you'll have to get a 2.1 compliant master to work with that slave. I think it's more serious than an SFB, SFC type issue.