configuring ftv and rslogix 5k to use same df1 connection

david90

Is it possible to configure FTV and rslogix 5000 to communicate with a controllogix PLC using the same DF1 connection?

Don't think so as FTV uses RSlinx enterprise, and logix 500 uses RSlinx classic.. Fighting for the same port..

You can get the port muxes which give you 2 phycical ports for your 1 PLC port, assuming you have 2 serial ports on your PC...

It's not easy.

I've done it by using RSLinx Classic as the OPC server for FactoryTalk View, instead of RSLinx Enterprise. The overall communication was slower than I'd like because you're sharing that one DF1 port, but at least I didn't have to switch cables all the time.

If I only have to use one at a time, I just get another serial port (usually a USB/RS232 converter like the Keyspan USA-19HS) and dedicate one physical port to RSLinx Classic and the other to RSLinx Enterprise.