FTV ME Display number

bella

Hi all,

I hope someone can help me with this. I have one PV+ 1500 which communicates with a PLC5 through RIO. I want to add some displays on the same PV+ that will communicate with another PLC (ControlLogix). My problem is that in both PLCs I need to know the current display number, but in the global connection I only can put one tag to get this info. Is there a way to share this between two tags (one for the PLC5 and the other for the CLX)?

Thank you for you help.

Under Global Connections>Macro tab. Remote Macro 1-5
Remote Macro.jpg

Create a Macro and name it Macro1 thru Macro5 which ever one you use. ( this must be the naming convention used as shown in help file) copy Replace Display Number to your display tag for the 2nd PLC.
Macro 1.jpg

Use the Replace Display Number to run macro.
Macro1 trigger.PNG

I created a memory tag that gets the info from the global connection (Replace Dispaly number) and used it to run a macro that copies its value into the corresponding tags in each of the two PLCs.

Thank you once again!